Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Jesus and ham ride again

Seriously people I have no clue why JW even lets me out of the house.
I am absolutely positively the most socially awkward retarded person on earth. At least in hospitals.
 
JW's Grandma H is in the hospital now.
We went to visit her last night and of course the minute JW stepped out of the room I apparently start screaming at poor grandma about ham when she mentions about it being "her time".
What the hell is the deal with me, old ladies, and ham?
I do not even know y'all.
I must have some seriously repressed feelings about ham or something.
Or maybe I've dyed my hair one too many times and the chemicals are finally soaking in.
Eh, who knows.

Well, at least today is a better day.
College boy demanded kale chips. I was kind enough to oblige so he has a bowl waiting for him once he gets home from classes. It's about the only green item in his diet, so I am more than happy to make them for him so he doesn't get rickets or some weird deficiency disease or something.

They are very easy to make. I make them with Asian chili oil, soy sauce, onion powder, and garlic powder. I tossed all of the ingredients except the kale in a bowl, mixed it well, then toss in the kale to coat.
Then I just put it on the dehydrator and let it go until they turn out crispy.
It takes about 5 hours for all of the pieces to get very crispy and crunchy.
And then it takes about 5 seconds for college boy to eat them all.

Of course I forgot before pictures, so here are the gratuitous after shots when they were done.

See, all nice and shrunken and crispy!

2 comments: