Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kids are here finally for the summer

Big Sis and Little Man have made it to CHA for the summer. They got in late Tuesday after their first flight was cancelled and had to change airports to find another flight. Today we stayed in to unpack and recover from the flight. The rest of the week we will go check out stuff around town while I am on vacation.

They will be here all summer through the first of August. I haven't seen them since last summer and I am so happy to have them here. The rest of the time they live in Rockville, MD outside of Washington DC with their mom. Big Sis has turned into a beautiful young lady and she turns the big 18 this year. One more year of high school and she has already been scoping out college prospects. I couldn't be prouder of her. Little Man is growing like a weed and cruising though school like a wiz. I love them dearly.

I need to plan a time for my girl and me for some father-daughter time this summer and have some fun. Maybe go to the range and teach her to shoot and dinner later on. I want her to be able to defend herself and have the confidence and having that skill with her. That what daddies are for.

Well I am off to bed, it is going to be a busy day tomorrow running around town and seeing the sites. There are a couple of museums we want to go and see, the new Perot Nature and Science in Dallas and the Flight museum next to Love Field. Hurricane Harbor Saturday and we will cook out Sunday.

Life is good. Wonderful kids, Big Sis. Little Man and Rufus, and my awesome Wifey. Could I be any luckier.

Night All

No comments:

Post a Comment